Webinar: Seizing the Hydrogen Opportunity – Municipalities and the Future of Zero Emission Vehicles
March 9, 2021
1:00-2:30 pm EST
Last year, the Canadian government passed the Canadian Net-Zero Emissions Accountability Act pledging to deliver the largest emissions reduction in Canadian history and reach net-zero by 2050.
In its corresponding Climate Plan, Canada identifies hydrogen a necessary transition pathway to get to net zero emissions. It can serve as a low-carbon option for sectors that will struggle to decarbonize like long-distance transportation, steel, and cement manufacturing.
Municipal transit and fleet vehicles are an ideal market leader in the hydrogen economy because:
- vehicle and fuel cell technology are progressing past the pilot stage while proving effective performance, range and safety
- fleet costs and efficiencies are competitive with and compliment other zero emission technologies
- clean hydrogen production is preparing to scale across the country.
Fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV) use the same electric drive trains but provide enhanced durability. FCEV’s are perfect for heavy-duty operations where vehicles need to travel long-distances and work long shifts. FCEVs are an effective zero emission solution for municipal vehicles like buses, garbage trucks, and construction equipment.
To learn more about these vehicles, funding opportunities from the federal and provincial governments, and existing hydrogen infrastructure in Canada please sign-up for one of our webinars on either March 9 (English) or March 11 (French) at https://bit.ly/2ZipXjh or email us to arrange a briefing for your municipality at: email@example.com
Agenda – English Webinar (Tuesday, March 9; times in PST)
- 1:00 – 1:15 Welcome and Canada’s Hydrogen Opportunity – Mark Kirby, CEO, CHFCA
- 1:15 – 1:30 Canadian Innovation is leading the world – Nicolas Pocard, Director Marketing, Ballard Power Systems
- 1:30 – 1:45 Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles are ready for your fleets – Mark Fisher, Director, National Sales at New Flyer
- 1:45 – 2:00 How can your municipality prepare for hydrogen – Winnipeg’s example – Erin Cooke, Project Manager – Bus Electrification Program at Winnipeg Transit
- 2:00 – 2:15 Q&A