CEM Engineering is home to a dedicated team of thermal power specialists spread across multiple offices throughout Canada.
As thermal power consulting engineers, we are the leading designer of custom engineered systems in Canada. We provide a full range of services which include consulting, detailed design, contract administration and commissioning services. Our mission is to help our customers achieve their energy and environmental goals, by identifying and implementing any technology based solution which will result in less energy consumed.
CEM provides a variety of services in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and civil/structural engineering. We categorize these services into three distinct groups: Consulting Services; Design Services; and Project Services.
Consulting services include the work which precedes the production of traditional engineering deliverables. This may include (but is not limited to):
- Betterment and debottlenecking of existing operating steam and power plants.
- Acting as Independent Engineer
- Boiler Troubleshooting
- Performance Testing
- Developing Energy Services Agreements
- Analysis and/or design of power cycles
- Designing rates for Energy Services Providers
- Preliminary Engineering Studies/Detailed Engineering Studies
Design services precede the installation of equipment by contractors. These services involve the production of traditional engineering deliverables, such as specifications for the purchase of equipment and construction drawings. CEM services include:
- Schematic Design
- Detailed Design
- Detailed Capital Cost Estimates (within +/- 10% or +/- 15% accuracy)
- As-Built or Record Drawings
- Operating Manuals
- Schematic Design
Project services encompass the work which happens during construction. These services include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring all permits and approvals are in place (such as TSSA, ESA, and ECA)
- Project Management
- Preparation of (and maintenance of) Master Project Schedule
- Management of System Commissioning
- Post-Commissioning Audit
We also have a sister-firm (CEM Projects) which gives us the ability to provide our clients with the ability to execute projects on an EPC basis (full turnkey basis).
Headquartered in St. Catharines, Ontario, we are a team of over 70 mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, designers and support staff who are spread across three offices (St. Catharines, Oakville, and Calgary).
CEM Engineering (Cogeneration and Energy Management) was established in 2001 by Martin Lensink. For many years throughout CEM’s history, we have focused on cogeneration projects. While cogeneration remains one of our core competencies, CEM is also focused on post carbon technologies and helping reduce CO2.